I’m a huge Strat fan - they feel right to me, comfortable, light, perfect balance. Trouble is they either sound dead or harsh with most pickups! I’ve designed a range that covers all the classic Strat tones, plus a couple of special designs for players wanting something a little different.
My Strat pickups stay firmly in vintage territory, because that’s where all the definitive Strat tones come from. Oh, just so you know I don’t make a hum-cancelling Strat pickup, I just don’t think any of them sound that good – there’s a lot of hype and not a lot of true Strat tone. A bit of noise is all part of the Strat sound!
The lowdown on Bulldog Strat singlecoils:
- Formvar or Plain Enamel magnet wire
- Forbon fibre bobbin formers
- Alnico magnets
- Cloth covered hook up wire
- Choice of cover colours
- Calibrated output levels for better volume balance between pickups
- Optional RWRP middle for hum-cancelling in switch positions 2 and 4
- Stock magnet polarity (non RWRP) gives true vintage style tone, more mids and more of that Strat quack
- Choice of magnet staggers